I’m not accustomed to eating eggs during the week. I try to save it for the weekend, when I’m not having my usual morning smoothies. It makes me feel like I’m rewarding myself for opting for healthier meals all week, so I surely deserve to eat eggs and maybe even pancakes on Saturday or Sunday. Cheating? Not in my book. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day, so drinking my food instead of eating it is definitely not my first choice in breakfast meals, but I do it because –sigh– it’s good for me and it’s the best way to jumpstart my day. Words I quite often repeat to myself over and over so that I don’t drive through any fast-food place on my busy mornings. Some of us don’t have as much will power as others, and that’s okay. What counts is the effort. With effort comes satisfactory results that, no doubt, deserve to be rewarded with eggs on the weekend.
Veggie Egg Scramble
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes 1 serving.
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup broccoli, chopped
- ¼ cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
1. Drizzle olive oil in skillet at medium-low heat.
2. Add onions and potatoes, and sauté for a few minutes until onions begin to get translucent.
3. Add bell peppers, garlic, tomato sauce, water, pepper, salt, and vegan beef.
4. Cover and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
Optional: Sprinkle cheese on top.